Today let’s talk about skin types: The type of skin you have is determined by genetics, although it will be affected by other factors and can change with time.
Based on these characteristics, there five types of healthy skin:
- Normal skin
- Dry skin
- Oily skin
- Combination (Oily & Dry skin)
- Sensitive skin
Oily skin is the result of overactive oil glands in the subcutaneous layer of the skin.
The sebum and sebaceous glands produce fats that help moisturize and protect your skin from drying out, BUT excess oil production can cause pores in the skin to become clogged, often resulting in acne breakouts.
The below tips will help you take care of your oily skin, but you don’t have to do it alone because we have a line of products well formulated specifically for oily and acne prone skin.
- Washing in the morning and night is a must. Use a mild water based cleanser. Foaming or gel.
- Exfoliate! Oily skin is prone to dead skin cells, Clogged pores and black heads.
- Toner1 Use one that refines skin and minimizes pores.
- Moisturizer! Do not skip this step
- Eyes! Make sure to use and eye cream morning and night
- Use SPF Daily !